Click on the link below to read my review:
- Floating Clouds, by Fumiko Hayashi (2006, tr. Lane Dunlop. Original: 浮雲, 1951)
About the book
- Columbia University Press, 2006, 328 p. Goodreads
- Original: 浮雲 [Ukigumo], 1951
- My rating: 3,5 stars
- Projects: The Classics Club; Japanese Literature Challenge, hosted by Meredith; Back to the Classics, hosted by Karen; Invisible Cities, hosted by Yamini (shakespeareandspice); Nicole (nicole is here to learn); Natalie (Curious Reader); Stephanie (time to read!); Michael (Knowledge Lost); Wil (MyBookishEmpire); and Agnese (Beyond the Epilogue)
- The novel was made into a movie in 1955 (IMDb), directed by Mikio Naruse.