It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! By now, you know the drill: participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Sunday, July 18th, a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by August 22nd, 2021.
Here is my spin list:
- Alberta and Jacob, by Cora Sandel (1984, tr. Elizabeth Rokkan. Original: Alberte og Jacob, 1926)
- Saraband, by Eliot Bliss (1936)
- Bid Me to Live, by H. D. (1960)
- Brown Girl, Brownstones, by Paule Marshall (1959)
- A Burglary: Or, Unconscious Influence, by Amy Dillwyn (1883)
- The Children’s Hour, by Lillian Hellman (1934)
- Claudine at School, by Colette (1900)
- The Curse of Caste; Or the Slave Bride, by Julia C. Collins, edited by Mitch Kachun and William L Andrews (2006, posthumous)
- The semi-detached couple, by Emily Eden (1860)
- Daughter of Earth by Agnes Smedley (1929)
- The Castle of Wolfenbach: A German Story, by Eliza Parsons (1793)
- Faces in the Water, by Janet Frame (1961)
- La Femme De Gilles, by Madeleine Bourdouxhe (1994, tr. Faith Evans. Original: 1937)
- Memoirs of Emma Courtney, by Mary Hays (1796)
- My Ladys Soul: The Poems of Elizabeth Eleanor Siddall, ed. Serena Trowbridge (2018, posthumous)
- Regiment of Women by Clemence Dane (1917)
- A Modern Mephistopheles by Louisa May Alcott (1877, published anonymously)
- Self-Control, by Mary Brunton (1811)
- The Story of a Marriage, by Louisa Baldwin (as Mrs. Alfred Baldwin, 1895)
- Violets and Other Tales, by Alice Dunbar-Nelson (1895)
Spin me a number, Classics Club!
And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?