It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! By now, you know the drill: participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Sunday November 22nd, a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by January 30th, 2021.
Here is my spin list:
- Alberta and Jacob, by Cora Sandel (1984, tr. Elizabeth Rokkan. Original: Alberte og Jacob, 1926)
- Saraband, by Eliot Bliss (1936)
- Bid Me to Live, by H. D. (1960)
- The Children’s Hour, by Lillian Hellman (1934)
- Claudine at School, by Colette (1900)
- The Dark Island, by Vita Sackville-West (1934)
- Daughter of Earth by Agnes Smedley (1929)
- A Double Life, by Karolina Pavlova (2019, tr. Barbara Heldt. Original: 1848)
- The Castle of Wolfenbach: A German Story, by Eliza Parsons (1793)
- Faces in the Water, by Janet Frame (1961)
- La Femme De Gilles, by Madeleine Bourdouxhe (1994, tr. Faith Evans. Original: 1937)
- The Old English Baron, by Clara Reeve (1777)
- The Purple Flower by Marita Bonner (1928)
- A Taste of Honey by Shelagh Delaney (1956)
- Floating Clouds, by Fumiko Hayashi (2006, tr. Lane Dunlop. Original: 1951)
- The Mysteries of Udolpho, by Ann Radcliffe (1794)
- The Outward Room, by Millen Brand (1937)
- Megda, by Emma Dunham Kelley (1891)
- The Wooden Doctor, by Margiad Evans (1933)
- Regiment of Women by Clemence Dane (1917)
Spin me a number, Classics Club!
And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?