It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! By now, you know the drill: participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Sunday 09th August, a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by 30th September, 2020.
Here is my spin list:
- Alberta and Jacob, by Cora Sandel (1984, tr. Elizabeth Rokkan. Original: Alberte og Jacob, 1926)
- La Bâtarde by Violette Leduc (2003, tr. Derek Coltman. Original: 1964)
- Bid Me to Live, by H. D. (1960)
- Cherry & Violet, by Anne Manning (1853)
- The Children’s Hour, by Lillian Hellman (1934)
- Claudine at School, by Colette (1900)
- The Dark Island, by Vita Sackville-West (1934)
- Daughter of Earth by Agnes Smedley (1929)
- A Double Life, by Karolina Pavlova (2019, tr. Barbara Heldt. Original: 1848)
- Down Below, by Leonora Carrington (1972)
- Faces in the Water, by Janet Frame (1961)
- La Femme De Gilles, by Madeleine Bourdouxhe (1994, tr. Faith Evans. Original: 1937)
- The Friendly Young Ladies by Mary Renault (1943)
- Marriage by Susan Ferrier (1818)
- The Mysteries of Udolpho, by Ann Radcliffe (1794)
- Narrative of Sojourner Truth: A Northern Slave (1850)
- The Outward Room, by Millen Brand (1937)
- Patience and Sarah by Isabel Miller (1969)
- The Wooden Doctor, by Margiad Evans (1933)
- Regiment of Women by Clemence Dane (1917)
Spin me a number, Classics Club!
And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?