[Forgive me for spamming you, but, due to my obsession with lists and my tendency to create endless reading projects, today you will have two posts by this [blank] garden of mine.]
You may remember that, a couple of months ago, I decided to turn ZORA‘s list of the 100 Greatest Books ever written by African American Women into a long-term reading project. As an addendum, I want to list here all the Virago Modern Classics by black authors (NB: some of them are not from the USA, but I will be including them on the reading project).
I will update this post as I go along. You will be able to find a link to this list on my projects page.
- Read books are marked as (✓)
- Favourites are marked as ()
- DNFed books are
- My reviews, when available, will be linked below
- Books I’ve read: 04/ 14
- Source of the list: Virago Tracker
- Jonah’s Gourd Vine, by Zora Neale Hurston (1933)
- ✓ Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (1937)
- ✓ Dust Tracks on a Road, by Zora Neale Hurston (1942)
- ✓ The Street by Ann Petry (1946)
- The Living is Easy, by Dorothy West (1948)
- Brown Girl, Brownstones by Paule Marshall (1959)
- When Rain Clouds Gather, by Bessie Head (1968)
- Daddy Was a Number Runner, by Louise Meriwether (1970)
- Corregidora by Gayl Jones (1975)
- ✓Eva’s Man by Gayl Jones (1976)
- Dessa Rose, by Sherley Anne Williams (1986)
- The Richer, The Poorer: Stories, by Dorothy West (1995)
- The Wedding, by Dorothy West (1995)
- The Healing, by Gayl Jones (1998)
If you know of any more Virago titles to add to this list, please let me know!