In the midst of Spring, we think of 20 Books of Summer! This is a reading event hosted by Cathy over at the 746 Books blog, and by now you know the gist: anyone can join in, and you are free make a list of 10 / 15 / 20 books to read & review during the warmest months of the year (in 2020, the event starts on June, 1st and finishes on September, 1st).
For this Summer of the Plague, I decided to go for the more modest goal of 10 books. Here is my list:
- Pale Horse, Pale Rider, by Katherine Anne Porter
- Subtly Worded, by Teffi, tr. Anne Marie Jackson and Robert Chandler
- Die My Love, by Ariana Harwicz, tr. Sarah Moses and Carolina Orloff
- Tentacle, by Rita Indiana, tr. Achy Obejas
- People in the Room, by Norah Lange, tr. Charlotte Whittle
- Patience and Sarah by Isabel Miller
- La Bâtarde, by Violette Leduc, tr. Derek Coltman
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith
- The Outward Room, by Millen Brand
- Marriage, by Susan Ferrier
What are your reading projects for Summer? Do tell me about them.