This is post number nine of #knowthyshelf, a meme/tag/ series of photos documenting my bookshelves.
1) Book from this shelf you would save in an emergency:
- Collected Poems: 1912-1944, by H.D., edited by Louis L. Martz (1986) 💘
2) Book that has been in this shelf for the longest time:
- Emily Dickinson: Letters, edited by Emily Fragos (2011)
3) Newest addition to this shelf:
- Helen in Egypt, by H.D. (1961)
4) Book from this shelf you are most excited to read or reread:
- Eve out of Her Ruins, by Ananda Devi, tr. Jeffrey Zuckerman (2016. Original: Eve de ses décombres, 2006)
5) Any poetry books?
- Sämtliche Gedichte, by Hilde Domin, edited by Nikola Herweg and Melanie Reinhold (2009)
- The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson, edited by Thomas H. Johnson (1976)
- Collected Poems: 1912-1944, by H.D., edited by Louis L. Martz (1986)
6) Any nonfiction books?
- Lives Like Loaded Guns: Emily Dickinson and Her Family’s Feuds by Lyndall Gordon (2009)
- Letters of Emily Dickinson, by Mabel Loomis Todd (2010)
- Open Me Carefully: Emily Dickinson’s Intimate Letters to Susan Huntington Dickinson, edited by Ellen Louise Hart and Martha Nell Smith (1998)
- My Emily Dickinson, by Susan Howe (1985)
- Out of Africa, by Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen, 1937)
7) Most read author in this shelf:
- Emily Dickinson 💘
And now a question for you:
8) What does this shelf tell YOU about ME as a reader?
Feel free to do this tag, too! As always, I’d love to peruse your bookshelves 🙂