This is post number seven of #knowthyshelf, a meme/tag/ series of photos documenting my bookshelves.
1) Book from this shelf you would save in an emergency:
- Im Dunkeln Gehn, by Djuna Barnes, tr. Robin Cackett (2002, letters to Emily Coleman from 1934 – 1938)
2) Book that has been in this shelf for the longest time:
- Diego et Frida, by J. M. G. Le Clezio (1993)
3) Newest addition to this shelf:
- E a noite roda, by Alexandra Lucas Coelho (2012)
4) Book from this shelf you are most excited to read or reread:
- The pure and the impure, by Colette, tr. Herma Briffault (2000. Original: Le Pur et l’Impur: Ces plaisirs, 1932) 💘
5) Any poetry books?
- Book of Longing, by Leonard Cohen (2006)
- Book of Mercy, by Leonard Cohen (1984)
- Vermelho Rupestre, by Katyuscia Carvalho (2015)
- Pena Capital, by Mario Cesariny (1957)
- Collected poems, by Sara Coleridge, edited by Peter Swaab (2007)
6) Any nonfiction books?
- Critica e traducao, by Ana Cristina Cesar (1999)
7) Most read author in this shelf:
- Colette & Ivy Compton-Burnett
And now a question for you:
8) What does this shelf tell YOU about ME as a reader?
Feel free to do this tag, too! As always, I’d love to peruse your bookshelves 🙂