This is post number six of a series of photos documenting my bookshelves. I thought it would be interesting to create a meme/tag for it, so I am calling this series/meme/tag #knowthyshelf:
1) Book from this shelf you would save in an emergency:
- Nox, by Anne Carson (2010)
2) Book that has been in this shelf for the longest time:
- Angela Carter’s Book of Fairy Tales (1992)
3) Newest addition to this shelf:
- The Daughters of Danaus, by Mona Caird (1894)
4) Book from this shelf you are most excited to read or reread:
- Crônica da Casa Assassinada, by Lúcio Cardoso (1959, ‘Chronicle of the Murdered House’)
5) Any poetry books?
- Autobiography of Red (Red #1), by Anne Carson (1998)
- The Beauty of the Husband: A Fictional Essay in 29 Tangos, by Anne Carson (2001)
- Jóquei, by Matilde Campilho (2014)
6) Any nonfiction books?
- Shaking a Leg: Collected Journalism and Writings, by Angela Carter (1997)
- Flesh and the Mirror: Essays on the Art of Angela Carter, edited by Lorna Sage (1994)
- Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson (1962)
- The Edge of the Sea, by Rachel Carson (1955)
7) Most read author in this shelf:
- Anne Carson and Angela Carter
And now a question for you:
8) What does this shelf tell YOU about ME as a reader?
Feel free to do this tag, too! As always, I’d love to peruse your bookshelves 🙂