It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! By now, you know the drill: participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Monday April, 22nd, a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by May, 31st.
Here is my spin list:
- Sofia Petrovna, Lydia Chukovskaya
- The Rose Garden: Short Stories, Maeve Brennan
- A Bolt from the Blue and Other Essays, de Mary McCarthy
- The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Moths, Ouida (Maria Louise Ramé)
- Spinster, Sylvia Ashton-Warner
- The Awakening, Kate Chopin
- The Collected Prose, Elisabeth Bishop
- Selected Poems, by Marina Tsvetaeva
- Journal of a Solitude, May Sarton
- Letty Fox: Her Luck by Christina Stead
- Pippi Longstocking (Pippi Långstrump #1), by Astrid Lindgren
- The Black Lake, Hella Haassee
- The Persimmon Tree, by Marjorie Barnard
- Fidelity by Susan Glaspell
- Hester, Margaret Oliphant
- The Love-Child by Edith Olivier
- Middlemarch, George Eliot
- A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
- Sophie’s Misfortunes (Fleurville #1), by Comtesse de Ségur
Spin me a number, Classics Club!
And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?