Here is what I got this week:
- The Pillow Book, by Sei Shōnagon, tr. Meredith McKinney (2006. Original: 枕草子, 1002)
- Convenience Store Woman, by Sayaka Murata, tr. Ginny Tapley Takemori (2018. Original: コンビニ人間, 2016)
- The Akhmatova Journals, Volume I: 1938-1941, by Lydia Chukovskaya, tr. Milena Michalski and Sylva Rubashova (1994. Original: Записки об Анне Ахматовой, Книга 1, 1980)
- This is a record of Chukovskaia’s meetings with Akhmatova. I don’t recall where I read about this book, but I have a feeling it must have been in one of Karen‘s posts on Russian literature (Please, correct me if I am wrong, Karen!).
- The Tale of Murasaki, by Liza Dalby (2001)
That’s all for now, folks. What will you be reading in February? 😊