The Classics Spin #19

Hello, folks!

It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Tuesday (November, 27th), a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by January 31st, 2019.

Here is my spin list:

1. Cassandra at the Wedding, Dorothy Dodds Baker
  2. Wise Blood, Flannery O’Connor
  3. The Country of the Pointed Firs, by Sarah Orne Jewett
  4. Sofia Petrovna, Lydia Chukovskaya
  5. The Rose Garden: Short Stories, Maeve Brennan
  6. Lavinia, George Sand
  7. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
  8. The Morgesons by Elizabeth Stoddard
  9. A Bolt from the Blue and Other Essays, de Mary McCarthy
  10. The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
  11. Moths, Ouida (Maria Louise Ramé)
  12. Red Pottage, Mary Cholmondeley
  13. Spinster, Sylvia Ashton-Warner
  14. The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall
  15. The Awakening, Kate Chopin
  16. The Collected Prose, Elisabeth Bishop
  17. Selected Poems, by Marina Tsvetaeva
  18. Journal of a Solitude, May Sarton
  19. Letty Fox: Her Luck by Christina Stead
  20. Pippi Longstocking (Pippi Långstrump #1), by Astrid Lindgren

Spin me a number, Classics Club!

And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?:)

Yours truly,

J.

The Reader by Roger Chapelain-Midy 1950-52

Advertisements

15 Comments

1. You’ve an interesting list. I think I’d be hoping for Ouida.

2. Oh, I’d love you to get either Cassandra at the Wedding or The Age of Innocence, two of my all-time favourite books right there!

1. Thank you, Jacqui! How exciting 🙂 I will keep my fingers crossed!

3. Interesting list. The Kate Chopin is great!

4. I loved The Rose Garden by Maeve Brennan – I’d love to hear what you think.

5. That’s 14 books on your list I’ve never heard of. Interesting… and save for 1 I haven’t read the remaining. Looking forward to seeing what you get! 🙂

1. Thank you, Risa! Good luck with your spin – you have a great list! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. I love your list! I hope you get twenty. I have lots of love for Pippi.

7. I want #1…because I’m most interested in reading The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym from my list. I think your’s was the first list I’ve read…that has nothing I’ve read. Enjoy!

8. I see a few books on here I’ve been meaning to read (The Secret Garden) so maybe when I finish my original CC list I’ll do one of children’s classics!

1. Thank you! This is a great idea, I love children’s classics 🙂