Carole Maso (1956) is a contemporary American writer.
She has a B.A. in English from Vassar College, and is a professor of literary arts at Brown University since 1995. She lives with her partner, Helen Lang.
- Lambda Literary Award for Lesbian Biography/Autobiography (2001) for The Room Lit by Roses
- Ghost Dance, 1986
- The Art Lover, 1990
- Ava, 1993
- The American Woman in the Chinese Hat, 1994
- Defiance, 1998
- Mother&Child, 2012
- Aureole: An Erotic Sequence, 1996
- Break Every Rule: Essays on Language, Longing, and Moments of Desire, 2000
- The Room Lit by Roses: A Journal of Pregnancy and Birth, 2002
- Beauty is Convulsive: The Passion of Frida Kahlo, 2002