Marília Garcia (1979) is a Brazilian poet, editor, and translator.
She graduated in Literature at the Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), and has a PhD in Comparative Literature from the Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF). Along with Angelica Freitas, Fabiano Calixto and Ricardo Domeneck, she runs the poetry journal Modo de Usar & Co. She was also member of the editorial board of several literary magazines in Brazil, such as Inimigo Rumor, Ficções and Lado 7. Marília Garcia writes on her blog le pays n’est pas la carte, and runs the poetry press LunaPARQUE Edições.
- Portugal Telecom (shortlisted, 2008)
- Premio Icatu de Artes (2015)
- The Territory Is Not the Map (2017, translated by Hilary Kaplan)
- You can find more poems here:
- Wasafiri, Issue 82 (Summer 2015), The Brazilian Contemporary
- Glossolalia – Issue 2: Women Writing Brazil
- Encontro às cegas (2001)
- 20 Poemas para o seu Walkman (2007)
- Engano geográfico (2012)
- um teste de resistores (2014)
- Paris não tem centro (2015)
- Câmera lenta (2017)
- it’s a love story and it’s about an accident (poem, tr. Hilary Kaplan)