It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Wednesday (August, 1st), a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by August 31st, 2018.
Here is my spin list:
- Cassandra at the Wedding, Dorothy Dodds Baker
- Wise Blood, Flannery O’Connor
- The Country of the Pointed Firs, by Sarah Orne Jewett
- The Coquette, Hannah Webster Foster
- If Not, Winter: fragments of Sappho, translated by Anne Carson
- Lavinia, George Sand
- The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter
- The Morgesons by Elizabeth Stoddard
- Invisible Links, Selma Lagerlöf
- Belinda, Maria Edgeworth
- The Beth Book, Sarah Grand
- Moths, Ouida (Maria Louise Ramé)
- Red Pottage, Mary Cholmondeley
- Spinster, Sylvia Ashton-Warner
- The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins-Gilman
- Wild Strawberries, by Angela Thirkell
- The Awakening, Kate Chopin
- Selected Poems, by Marina Tsvetaeva
- Journal of a Solitude, May Sarton
- The Princess of Clèves, by Madame de Lafayette
Spin me a number, Classics Club!
And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?