The Classics Spin #18

Hello, folks!

It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Wednesday (August, 1st), a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by August 31st, 2018.

Here is my spin list:

1. Cassandra at the Wedding, Dorothy Dodds Baker
  2. Wise Blood, Flannery O’Connor
  3. The Country of the Pointed Firs, by Sarah Orne Jewett
  4. The Coquette, Hannah Webster Foster
  5. If Not, Winter: fragments of Sappho, translated by Anne Carson
  6. Lavinia, George Sand
  7. The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter
  8. The Morgesons by Elizabeth Stoddard
  9. Invisible Links, Selma Lagerlöf
  10. Belinda, Maria Edgeworth
  11. The Beth Book, Sarah Grand
  12. Moths, Ouida (Maria Louise Ramé)
  13. Red Pottage, Mary Cholmondeley
  14. Spinster, Sylvia Ashton-Warner
  15. The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins-Gilman
  16. Wild Strawberries, by Angela Thirkell
  17. The Awakening, Kate Chopin
  18. Selected Poems, by Marina Tsvetaeva
  19. Journal of a Solitude, May Sarton
  20. The Princess of Clèves, by Madame de Lafayette

Spin me a number, Classics Club!

And happy reading, everyone! Which book would you like to see win?:)

Yours truly,

J.

Girl Reading. The Storyteller by William Strang 1911

Advertisements

14 Comments

1. I’ve just discovered Angela Thirkell myself, so I wish you Wild Strawberries this spin 🙂

2. I loved Red Pottage and Wild Strawberries so I hope you get one of those. I also enjoyed The Awakening and The Country of the Pointed Firs. Good luck with the spin!

3. Everyone recommends The Awakening…it must be a great book so I’m happy to see it on your list! You have a great list overall though. Are you hoping for any particular number?

1. I am hoping for 5, 6, 10 or 18 😆

4. 5, 15 or 18 for sure. Sappho seems fascinating, and I adored ‘The Yellow Wallpaper’s quiet madness – but who can resist a good poetry collection like Tsvetaeva? 😉

5. The Tsvetaeva, definitely – I’ve been connecting very strongly with her poetry recently! 😀 Good luck!

6. Lovely list, Juliana! I really enjoyed Wild Strawberries, The Yellow Wallpaper, and The Awakening. I’m very interested in reading Red Pottage, Belinda, and The Magic Toyshop. Can’t wait to see which book gets picked!

1. Thank you, Jessie! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. This sounds like great fun! I would go with Cassandra at the Wedding, one of my favorite books of all time.