Angélica Freitas (1973) is a Brazilian poet.
Freitas has a degree in journalism from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), and she worked as a reporter for the newspaper O Estado de S. Paulo. She works as a translator, and co-edits the poetry journal Modo de usar & Co.
- Programa Petrobras Cultural writing fellowship (2009)
- Prêmio Portugal Telecom (2013)
- Best Translated Book Award for poetry (2016), for the collection Rilke Shake (transl. Hilary Kaplan)
- Rilke Shake (Phoneme Media, 2015, transl. Hilary Kaplan, 124 p.)
- You can find more of her poems here:
- Ghost Fishing: An Eco-Justice Poetry Anthology (University of Georgia Press, 2018)
- Rilke Shake (2007)
- um útero é do tamanho de um punho (2013)