Barbara Comyns (Barbara Irene Veronica Comyns Carr, 1907 – 1992) was an English writer.
She attended art school in Stratford-upon-Avon, and later moved to London to attend Heatherley School of Fine Art. She had various jobs (dealing in antiques, breeding dogs, drawing for commercial advertisements, cooking in a country house), and began to write professionally in the 1940’s. She moved to Spain in the 1950’s, and returned to England in 1973.
- Sisters by a River (1947)
- Our Spoons Came from Woolworths (1950)
- Who Was Changed and Who Was Dead (1954)
- The Vet’s Daughter (1959)
- Out of the Red and into the Blue (1960)
- The Skin Chairs (1962)
- Birds in Tiny Cages (1964)
- A Touch of Mistletoe (1967)
- The Juniper Tree (1985)
- Mr. Fox (1987)
- The House of Dolls (1989).