All Virago/All August 2016

Hello, fellow readers!

I’ve just found out at the lovely blog Heavenali that August is also a month dedicated to reading through our long most loved TBR list of Persephones and Viragos! The reading event All Virago/All August is hosted by the Librarything Virago Readers Group.

I have some Viragos & Persephones on my #20BooksOfSummer list, so I’ll try to tackle reading these next month!

Here they are:

I am not good at sticking to lists, but I will be happy if I manage to read at least two out of those.

And you? Are you reading any Viragos or Persephones next month? Do let me know. 🙂

Yours truly,

J.

Peggy Irvine.

Peggy Irvine.

Advertisements

14 Comments

1. Glad you will be reading along. The World my wilderness is on my pile. Angel, Frost in May,
    Mariana and Someone at a Distance are wonderful choices. Happy reading.

2. You have some very tempting titles on your list, Juliana! I haven’t read any of them yet, but Angel is in my TBR while the Whipple is very high on my wishlist. Hope you enjoy them, will follow your reviews with interest. 🙂

1. Thank you, Jacqui! 🙂

3. Ooh that’s a lovely pile – I know the first three and the last one very well. I posted a picture of the pile of Viragoes and one Persephone I have on my TBR at the moment, and two of the Viragoes are on my 20Books list, so we’ll see how many I get through. Some Virago / Some of August for me!

1. Thank you, Liz! Your pile is tempting! Happy Virago Reading for us 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. I also learned about All Virago August from Heavenali’s blog, though hadn’t picked up on the Persephone angle. I have Frost in May in my to read pile so that’s on my list, and Love by Elizabeth von Armin. Of the list you’ve mentioned above I also have Mariana and Someone at a Distance in my pile. Angel is very good. I might also re-read some Angela Carter, one of my life-long favourites.

1. I also love Angela Carter! If you fancy reading along one of the books we have in common, just let me know. Someone at a Distance is high on my list, and I am currently reading Frost in May. 🙂

5. I’m very tempted to join. I’ll have to go through my piles. I’ve got Angel. I’ve also got Someone at a Distnace, but, as you say, it’s not a Virago.

1. Do join in, Caroline! We could do a readalong 🙂

6. That’s a great idea.

Liked by 1 person

7. […] of the fun is making a list. Juliana (the blank garden) mentioned that she’ll read Elizabeth Taylor’s Angel and I decided to join her. So, that […]

8. I’ve read all my Viragos, long ago when they were first published. But I’m reading all the reviews so that if I stumble on secondhand copies, I know what to look out for:)

1. Only recently I started to collect Viragos, and I am loving them all as I read them! Thank you for coming by 🙂

Liked by 1 person