All Virago/All August 2016

Hello, fellow readers!

I’ve just found out at the lovely blog Heavenali that August is also a month dedicated to reading through our long most loved TBR list of Persephones and Viragos! The reading event All Virago/All August is hosted by the Librarything Virago Readers Group.

I have some Viragos & Persephones on my #20BooksOfSummer list, so I’ll try to tackle reading these next month!

Here they are:

I am not good at sticking to lists, but I will be happy if I manage to read at least two out of those.

And you? Are you reading any Viragos or Persephones next month? Do let me know. 🙂

Yours truly,

J.

Peggy Irvine.
Peggy Irvine.

Advertisements

14 Comments Add yours

1. heavenali says:

Glad you will be reading along. The World my wilderness is on my pile. Angel, Frost in May,
    Mariana and Someone at a Distance are wonderful choices. Happy reading.

1. juliana says:

Thank you, Ali!

Liked by 1 person

2. JacquiWine says:

You have some very tempting titles on your list, Juliana! I haven’t read any of them yet, but Angel is in my TBR while the Whipple is very high on my wishlist. Hope you enjoy them, will follow your reviews with interest. 🙂

1. juliana says:

Thank you, Jacqui! 🙂

3. Liz Dexter says:

Ooh that’s a lovely pile – I know the first three and the last one very well. I posted a picture of the pile of Viragoes and one Persephone I have on my TBR at the moment, and two of the Viragoes are on my 20Books list, so we’ll see how many I get through. Some Virago / Some of August for me!

1. juliana says:

Thank you, Liz! Your pile is tempting! Happy Virago Reading for us 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. bookbii says:

I also learned about All Virago August from Heavenali’s blog, though hadn’t picked up on the Persephone angle. I have Frost in May in my to read pile so that’s on my list, and Love by Elizabeth von Armin. Of the list you’ve mentioned above I also have Mariana and Someone at a Distance in my pile. Angel is very good. I might also re-read some Angela Carter, one of my life-long favourites.

1. juliana says:

I also love Angela Carter! If you fancy reading along one of the books we have in common, just let me know. Someone at a Distance is high on my list, and I am currently reading Frost in May. 🙂

5. Caroline says:

I’m very tempted to join. I’ll have to go through my piles. I’ve got Angel. I’ve also got Someone at a Distnace, but, as you say, it’s not a Virago.

1. juliana says:

Do join in, Caroline! We could do a readalong 🙂

6. Caroline says:

That’s a great idea.

Liked by 1 person

7. Lisa Hill says:

I’ve read all my Viragos, long ago when they were first published. But I’m reading all the reviews so that if I stumble on secondhand copies, I know what to look out for:)

1. Only recently I started to collect Viragos, and I am loving them all as I read them! Thank you for coming by 🙂

Liked by 1 person