Margaret Kennedy (23 April 1896 – 31 July 1967) was an English writer.
She attended Cheltenham Ladies’ College, and Somerville College, Oxford. She had a son and two daughters, one of whom was the writer Julia Birley.
- A Century of Revolution 1789-1920 (1922), history.
- The Ladies of Lyndon (1923), novel.
- The Constant Nymph (1924), novel.
- With Basil Dean: The Constant Nymph – from the novel (1926), play.
- A Long Week-End (1927), limited edition of short magazine story.
- Red Sky at Morning (1927), novel.
- With Basil Dean: Come with Me (1928), play.
- Dewdrops (1928), limited edition of short girls’ school story.
- The Game and the Candle (1928), limited edition of short magazine story.
- The Fool of the Family (1930), novel, sequel to The Constant Nymph.
- Return I Dare Not (1931), novel
- A Long Time Ago (1932), novel.
- Escape Me Never! A play in three acts (1934), dramatization of The Fool of the Family.
- Together and Apart (1936), novel.
- With Gregory Ratoff: Autumn (1937), play.
- The Midas Touch (1938), novel.
- Happy with Either (1948), play.
- The Mechanized Muse. P. E. N. series (1942), P. E. N. series on cinema.
- The Feast (1950), novel.
- Lucy Carmichael (1951), novel.
- Jane Austen. Novelists Series No. 1 (1950), biography/criticism.
- Troy Chimneys (1953), novel.
- The Oracles (1955), novel.
- The Heroes of Clone (1957), novel.
- The Outlaws on Parnassus. On the art of the novel (1958), criticism.
- A Night in Cold Harbour (1960), novel.
- The Forgotten Smile (1961), novel.
- Not in the Calendar. The Story of a Friendship (1964), novel.
- Women at Work (1966), two novellas.