The Classics Spin #13

Hello, lovely readers!

It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Monday morning (June, 6th), a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by August 1st, 2016.

As you might know, I’m committed to reading only classics by women. Here is my list (most of those books are on my 20 Books of Summer List as well!):

1. The Abyss, Marguerite Yourcenar;
  14. The Bell, by Iris Murdoch;
  15. Frost in May, by Antonia White;
  16. Her, by H.D. (Hilda Doolittle);
  17. The Simple Truth, by Elizabeth Hardwick;
  18. The Street, by Ann Petry;
  19. The World My Wilderness, by Rose Macaulay;
  20. Someone at a Distance, by Dorothy Whipple.

Spin me a number, Classics Club! And happy reading to you all!:)

Yours truly,

J.

Gwen John (Welsh, 1876 - 1939): A Lady Reading (1909-1911)

Gwen John (Welsh, 1876 – 1939): A Lady Reading (1909-1911)

UPDATE June, 6th:

The Classics Club Spin Number is 15! I’ll be reading Frost in May, by Antonia White:

Antonia White

Advertisements

17 Comments

1. Wonderful list! Hope you end up with a fun one. 🙂

1. Thank you! Likewise 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. A lovely list! I hope you get 4, 13, 14 or 20!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, Liz! I would really love if I got 4! Or 20! 😃

Liked by 1 person

3. I love that you’re committed to reading books by women. I haven’t read any of these, so I’m sending a hardy good luck for any number. 🙂 However, I do own your #20, and quite want to read your #4, so maybe one of those. 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Yes, I have been meaning to read The Edwardians for a while now, it would be a good spin number! 😃

4. Okay, I’m going to participate this time! I may end up with Don Quixote for my summer reading.

Liked by 1 person

1. Hehehe… Good luck and have fun! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. That’s a very interesting list. I’ve only read a few books on it, which is unusual for me!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I am curious about your list now!

6. What an interesting list! Though I’ve heard of most of the books, I’ve only read #7. I’m curious to hear what you think of whichever book will get chose. Enjoy!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! 😃 Did you enjoy Kristin Lavransdattir?

1. I did. It was long, but good. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair 3 de June de 2016 at 17:57

Great list! I haven’t read any of these books, but I’ll definitely look them up 🙂

My list: http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.gr/2016/06/the-classics-club-spin-13.html

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I’ll take a look at your list 🙂

8. I do such a deplorable job of following along on the Classic Club adventures, and my list has been edited a few time since its original creation. However, I plan to read La Regenta by Alas for Spanish Lit Month, which comes around every July, and more specifically with Tom of Wuthering a Expectations. It’s a beast of 700 pages, so no Classic Spin or 20 Books of Summer for me. However, I do like your plan of reading all these women authors, and Dorothy Whipple has long been on my list. I hope to get to Someone at a Distance, too.

May I reiterate how very lovely your blog is? I am always recharged, renewed, when I come here.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so very much for the support, Bellezza! ❤ I was curious about La Regenta, and if the book were not such a beast, I would try to participate in the Readalong… I'll be waiting for your review. 🙂