Hello, lovely readers!
It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Participants post a list of 20 books on their Classics Club list. On Monday morning (June, 6th), a random number will be selected by the Club. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by August 1st, 2016.
As you might know, I’m committed to reading only classics by women. Here is my list (most of those books are on my 20 Books of Summer List as well!):
- The Abyss, Marguerite Yourcenar;
- The Black Lake, Hella Haassee;
- The Door, by Magda Szabó;
- The Edwardians by Vita Sackville-West;
- If Not, Winter: fragments of Sappho, translated by Anne Carson;
- Invisible Links, Selma Lagerlöf;
- Kristin Lavransdattir (I), by Sigrid Undset;
- The Pure and the Impure, Colette;
- The Princess of Clèves, by Madame de Lafayette;
- Selected Poems, by Marina Tsvetaeva;
- Sofia Petrovna, Lydia Chukovskaya;
- Suite française, Irène Némirovsky;
- Angel, by Elizabeth Taylor;
- The Bell, by Iris Murdoch;
- Frost in May, by Antonia White;
- Her, by H.D. (Hilda Doolittle);
- The Simple Truth, by Elizabeth Hardwick;
- The Street, by Ann Petry;
- The World My Wilderness, by Rose Macaulay;
- Someone at a Distance, by Dorothy Whipple.
Spin me a number, Classics Club! And happy reading to you all!
UPDATE June, 6th:
The Classics Club Spin Number is 15! I’ll be reading Frost in May, by Antonia White: