Lori Ostlund (1965) is an American writer. She studied at the Minnesota State University and at the University of New Mexico. She teaches at The Art Institute of California. She lives in San Francisco, with her partner, the novelist Anne Raeff.
“In many ways, I believe that curiosity saved me, that and the fact that I didn’t see a place for myself where I grew up.”
– Lori Ostlund, Source: Electric Literature
- The Bigness of the World. University of Georgia Press. 2009; Scribner, 2016.
- After the Parade. Scribner, 2015.
- 2008 Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction for the book The Bigness of the World.
- 2009 Jaffe Foundation Writers’ Award.
- 2010 Edmund White Award for The Bigness of the World.